Here are some more interesting facts regarding health…
Food gives you energy. It helps you to grow and be healthy.
The foods you eat are made up of different components – Proteins, fats, vitamins and proteins.
Proteins help your body to grow. They help your body to make muscles, skin and other organs and blood. They also help your body to mend when it is damaged.
Carbohydrates help your stay warm.
There are many different minerals such as calcium and iron and vitamins – A, B, C, D and E.
Keep your gums and teeth clean. Remove all the harmful bits of food that get stuck in your mouth, otherwise it will cause toothache, tooth decay and bad breath.
Your body is filled with muscles. You have more than 600 of them. Some of your muscles are fastened to your bones; and these muscles help you to move.
If doctors want to know how fast your heart is beating, they take your pulse. They can feel how fast the blood is being pushed through the artery in your wrist.
Blood flows away from your heart through your arteries. Blood flows back to your heart through your veins.
Almost every human being has some, or the other phobia. What is phobia? A phobia is an intense fear of a particular animal, situation, activity, or object. The fear is so much that it can affect one’s mental and physical health.
In the health facts here is given a list of the various phobias:
- Arachnophobia : Fear of spiders
- Ophidiophobia : Fear of snakes
- Aviatophobia, or Aerophobia : Fear of flying in a plane, helicopter, etc. (Imagine if birds had this phobia!)
- Agoraphobia, Cenophobia, or Kenophobia : Fear of open spaces
- Claustrophobia, or Clithrophobia : Fear of confined, or closed spaces
- Acrophobia, Altophobia, or Hypsophobia : Fear of heights
- Pogonophobia : Fear of beards (Santa Clause will not visit those with this phobia)
- Chorophobia : Fear of dancing
- Pediophobia : Fear of dolls
- Ichthyphobia : Fear of fish
- Batrachophobia : Fear of frogs
- Chaetophobia : Fear of Hair
- Eisoptrophobia : Fear of mirrors
- Triskaidekaphobia : Fear of number 13
- Linonophobia : Fear of strings
- Odontophobia : Fear of teeth